Better Radio is a new, low-power FM station serving the Redwood community and surrounding hamlets and towns in Northern New York. The station, WBTS 88.5 LPFM, broadcasts talk shows, live and pre-recorded original music, interviews, story-telling, news, weather, fishing reports, poetry, garden guides, and much more. The goal is to highlight all the people, music, businesses, activity, and culture of the North Country through our own, independent news outlet.
Better Radio was founded by betterArts, a nonprofit whose purpose is to increase access to the arts throughout Northern New York and the Thousand Islands Region. BetterArts throughout the year offers free and low-cost artist residencies, community outreach, music festivals, gallery openings, workshops, and more to the public. BetterArts is located out of studios and gallery space at Better Farm, a sustainability campus and organic farm working in tandem with betterArts to explore the intersection of art and sustainability.
Initial startup funds for recording equipment were achieved through a Best Buy Community Grant; and other donations secured a transmitter, antenna, and initial licensing fees. And with all of these pieces in place, Better Radio will soon be offering podcasts through its website for people to enjoy all over the globe.
But we need your help!
BETTER RADIO NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT!
For us to provide continued content that highlights this unique community and brings you great music by classic favorites and new, local artists, we seek sponsorships that will cover ongoing costs, including:
- Monthly utilities (about $50/month)
- Yearly licensing fees ($650/year)
- Equipment maintenance ($100/year)
- Equipment upgrades (antenna, computers, emergency broadcast equipment, etc.)
- Specific show sponsorships (varies depending on show and related costs)
- Outreach/marketing (signage, advertising to let the community know we're on-air!)
Supporters get air time (as sponsors of particular broadcasts, on-air mentions of a business, individual or family, information about upcoming events, or programming specific to that business, i.e. car questions answered by a local mechanic).
TIERS OF SPONSORSHIP
Better Radio has three levels of support:
- SPONSORS are listeners who wish to help Better Radio with individual (non-business) donations. The rate is only $10 per month of support. The price for a full year of support is $100 (a savings of $20!).
- UNDERWRITERS are businesses, organizations, or other entities that donate $60 per month of support, or $600 for a full year (a savings of $120!). All underwriters receive a 30-minute spot aired three times each day. All underwriters signing up for a full year will additionally be invited to be interviewed on-air about their businesses or outreach work in the community. This programming will be replayed twice a month for the entire year.
- BASIC MEMBERS are contributors who with to donate an amount that does not fall into these other categories, or those who would like to stay anonymous.
All donors will be listed along with links to their businesses (if applicable) at Better Radio's website and Facebook page. All donations are tax-deductible to the furthest extent of the law. Any donations exceeding $50 will also be met with a "thank you" package featuring "Better" merchandise!
To support Better Radio, please return the following information with a check, payable to betterArts, to Better Radio at 31060 Cottage Hill Road, Redwood NY, 13679. If you would prefer to make a donation via credit card, please email email@example.com.
NAME OF INDIVIDUAL OR BUSINESS _______________________
SPONSORSHIP LEVEL ___________________________
AMOUNT PLEDGED _______________ DATE ____________
EMAIL _______________________PHONE # __________________
WEBSITE (IF APPLICABLE) ___________________________
Thank you for helping to build a Better Radio!