The last few years have provided me with quite the education: constructing a greenhouse out of donated windows, laying the foundation for a human-scale birdhouse, and making small renovations throughout the main house. Here's a quick guide to some of the top resources the people at Better Farm refer to again and again for inspiration and guidance:
- Ana White—Absolutely LOVE Ana White's "Free and Easy Furniture Plans to Save You Money" link—they really are easy, and they really do save you money:
- Mother Earth News—The long-running homesteading magazine is chock-full of DIY design plans. At their website you can find dozens of fun projects ranging in skill level.
- DIY Network—As far as a one-stop site goes, the DIY Network covers everything from plumbing to plumming.
- Bob Vila—Need we say more?
- Hammer Zone—Basic, no-nonsense instructions for insulation, installing progammable thermostats, and anything else you can think of.
- Instructables—At Instructables you can learn to make everything from a wood pallet desk to a jet pack shark sculpture:
Got a great DIY resource? Share it with us at email@example.com.