Better Farm's front hall was mismatched. Without a cohesive color palette or storage setup, it was an easy target for forgotten items.
- Giving the walls and ceiling a fresh coat of white, eco-friendly paint
- Removing gross, musty, old carpeting from the staircase
- Painting all the wood trim and stairs the same color
- Creating shelving for items such as shoes
- Initiating a landing pad for mail, e-mail list sign-ups, and guest book
- Hanging a mail and notes organizer from the wall (found at an antique shop, it's significantly more lovely than a boring old bulletin board. Old clothespins affix notes and letters to the wire)
- Hanging reusable shopping bags next to the front door so people on their way into town can avoid paper and plastic