A yoga retreat is scheduled this summer at Better Farm from Aug. 12-14.
Activities are scheduled from Friday evening through mid-day Sunday, and are available to people who wish to stay on-site (or for locals who would like to participate in the activities but sleep at home). One-day and half-day passes are also available. All meals are prepared by Better Farm staff and feature 100% healthy, vegetarian, farm-to-table ingredients.
The retreat is hosted and taught by Lisa Glassman, a licensed massage therapist, certified personal trainer, corrective exercise specialist, registered yoga teacher and practicioner of progressive Ashtanga yoga. She is also a Level 1 crossfit coach and owner of Active Potential in New Jersey.
The weekend schedule is as follows (subject to minor changes!):
- 3-6 pm Check In
- 7 pm Welcome Dinner
- 8:30-9:45 pm Evening meditation with light asana on deck of Art Barn Barn or deck of barn
- 7:45 am Morning Meditation and pranayama (breathing practices)
- 8:30 Breakfast
- 10 Official Welcome, distribution of materials
- 10:30-11:45 Morning Practice
- 12:00-1:30 Lunch
- 2:00-3:00 Grounds tour, mindful food selection for dinner (lead by Better Farm Staff)
- 3:30 depart for Fishermans Rest Island on Butterfield Lake (via boat, kayaks also available). Those wishing to stay at farm are invited to relax on-premises or participate in an afternoon hike.
- 4-6 Journaling/writing activities, massage techniques, essential oils mini workshops, and free time on island, or free time at Better Farm/hiking option available.
- 6:30 Chanting/Meditation
- 7-8 Sunset Yoga
- 8 Regroup at Better Farm for dinner
- 8:30 Dinner
- 10 Bonfire, Reflection Circle, evening Meditation: Trataka (fire gazing)
- 10:30 Stay at fire or head to bed
- 8:00 am Morning Meditation and Pranayama
- 8:45 Morning Asana Practice
- 10 Cleansing Techniques
- 10:30 Brunch
- 11:30 Closing Circle
- Noon Depart
WEEKEND PASS TO ALL ACTIVITIES
Early bird signup now through July 10 $165/each ($175 after July 10), INCLUDES LODGING and covers all prepared meals, linens, educational tools, and instructor fees. Lodging is shared lofts, bunk rooms, and other shared rooms spaces, with all linens, towels and pillows provided.
LOCALS WEEKEND PASS
$135/each now through July 10, $145 thereafter, includes all activities and meals, does not include lodging.
$90, includes all Saturday activities from breakfast through end-of-evening
1/2 DAY SATURDAY
$45, includes EITHER morning meditation through after lunch, or lunch through end of evening.
To register, click here.