Are you ready, are you ready, are you ready?! The 57th Annual Firemen's Field Days kicks off tonight at 6 p.m. in Redwood!
Fried dough, carnival rides, raffles, live music, refreshments tent, wine slashes from Thousand Islands Winery, barbecue and parade all punctuate the annual fair, put on by Redwood's volunteer fire department. This is the group's biggest fundraiser of the year.
Better Farm will be representing once again in this year's parade, will be serving up especially delicious brownies at Friday's barbecue, and the Better Radio folks (WBTS 88.5 FM) will be en masse conducting interviews and airing tidbits and highlights from the weekend's festivities.
Here's the full run-down of events—hope you're all good and rested. See you out there!
Thursday, Aug. 20
- 6-11:30 p.m. Auction
- Carnival Rides All Evening! Refreshments! Food Vendors! Games for All Ages!
Friday, Aug. 21
- 4:30 p.m. Chicken BBQ ($9/dinner, $5/just chicken—brownies from Better Farm!)
- Carnival Rides All Evening by Ontario Amusements! Refreshments! Food Vendors! Games for All Ages!
- 9 p.m. Live Band: Amarillo Hot Country
Saturday, Aug 22
- 12 p.m. Kiddie Parade
- 12-5 p.m. $13 Unlimited Rides Bracelet
- 5-11:30 p.m. Carnival Rides by Ontario Amusements! Refreshments! Food Vendors! Games for All Ages!
- 7 p.m. Parade (Downtown Redwood, watch for Better Farm's float!!)
- 7:30 p.m. The Original Yanks Drum and Bugle Corps Concert
- 9 p.m. Live Band Carsons Rail
- 11 p.m. Raffle Drawing (Win a 4-Wheeler!)