|Under construction: Better Farm's entranceway is getting a facelift.|
Our timeline so far:
- 2009 project to clean up foyer and take a bunch of storage to the dump
- 2010 project to rip up carpeting on stairs, organize storage, and give a fresh coat of paint
- 2011 project to rebuild the entire staircase and railing
- Front door leaks a lot of warm air through unsealed gaps along its bottom edge
- Without a storm door, we can't allow for cross-ventilation in the summer or get a great seal around the doorway
- Outdated insulation in the entranceway means lots of air leaks and energy loss of up to 15 percent in that room alone
- Sheetrock hung decades ago on the ceiling was the wrong thickness and wasn't strapped; therefore, it's sagging
- All tape lines on sheetrock in the front hall are visible
- Cobbed electrical meant mismatched light switches, electrical lines outside the sheetrock, and visible covered wiring
- The foyer's storage solutions are imperfect. Boots, sneakers, and jackets need a better landing spot.
Wallpaper for contrast wall in entranceway:
North Country YDIY for taking on this remodeling project.