Annie’s Homegrown is offering $100,000 in scholarship funds to students studying sustainable agriculture. Annie's believes healthy soils and healthy farms are the foundation for healthy foods, which help make healthy people, which is why they provide the scholarships to support the next generation of farmers. Click here to learn more, or read on below! The deadline to apply is Dec. 15.
Annie’s Sustainable Agriculture Scholarship ApplicationSustainable and organic agriculture is at the very root of our philosophy. We believe that healthy soils and healthy farms are the foundation for healthy foods, which help make healthy people!
We’re proud to support the next generation of farmers by offering $100,000 in funds to students studying sustainable agriculture.
Annie’s Sustainable Agriculture Scholarship Program is open to full time undergraduate and graduate students studying at an accredited 2 or 4 year college or graduate school in the U.S. for the 2013-2014 school year. Students must be focusing studies on sustainable agriculture. International students may apply as long as they are studying at a U.S. school.
Annie’s accepts applications postmarked between Oct. 1, 2012 and Dec. 15, 2012. If you are chosen to receive an award, you will be notified by April 15, 2013, and funds will be dispersed directly to your school on or around July 15, 2013.
The ApplicationThe application consists of two parts – your application and your supporting documents.
- Download and complete the application.
- Sign the form and draft a personal statement.
- Official copy of your transcript
- Two letters of recommendation who can speak to your commitment to Sustainable Agriculture.
- The letters of recommendation must be from contacts that are NOT related to you.
- Letters of recommendation should be in a sealed envelope and the writer should sign the seal.
Annie’s Scholarship Program FAQs
- I’m in my first term of school and grades are not yet available, what should I send?Please send the transcript from your high school or undergraduate studies and your current transcript as soon as it’s available.
- I’m not specifically majoring in Sustainable Agriculture, but I am majoring in a related field. Can I still apply?Students whose coursework and extra-curricular activities are related to sustainable agriculture are welcome to apply.
- I’m in the process of applying to schools for the next school year, but am unsure of what school I’ll be attending. What should I do?Please indicate in the “Academic Information” section on your application that you are undecided.