|Clockwise from top: Zucchini stuffed with lentil-walnut pate (vegan cheese topper); string beans in vegan cream of mushroom glaze, cucumber-zucchini-corn salad, boca slider, and zucchini-mushroom-olive-jalapeno pizza.|
With zucchini as the secret ingredient, we tasked contestants with coming up with dishes featuring the flavorful vegetable. Here's what they brought to the table:
- Zucchini-Cucumber Salad with Lemon Juice and Corn (Holly Boname)
- Zucchini Stuffed with Lentil-Walnut Pate (Nicole Caldwell)
- Sliders featuring Locally Sourced Beef (or Boca burger), Aquaponic Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumber, and Zucchini Slices (Nicole Caldwell)
- Homegrown String Beans in Vegan Cream of Mushroom Glaze (Matt Smith)
- Zucchini, Jalapeno, Mushroom, and Olive Pizza (Nick Bellman)
It was too tricky to pick a winner, so we just ate until we couldn't take another bite. Stay tuned for the next round!
For any of the above-listed recipes, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.