This year, celebrate your independence by harvesting and storing your own, non-GMO seeds for your personal and community gardens.
We found this great resource online, aptly called the Seed Saving Handbook, which covers all your bases; from seed-specific instructions to harvesting directives for heirloom seeds.
Here are a few great reasons to save your own seeds:
- Create new varieties adapted to your growing conditions, your tastes!
- Save money by saving your own seeds and/or trading with other seed-savers.
- Preserve the genetic diversity of our heirloom food plants.
- Empower your own personal breeding goals instead of the commercial goals of agribusiness seed breeders.
- Help retain plants' pest resistance.
- Feel satisfied, empowered and connected.
Click here for the full guide.