|Image from the University of Maine.|
Featuring advice from master gardeners, a plant sale, tree walk and talk, and fairy hunt for children, the event will also involve the work of Better Farm with a compost demonstration by our own Matt Smith, and a Better Farm pumpkin-planting table.
Admission is free and open to the public. Seeds and seed catalogs will be provided. Here's a full run-down of the day's events:
- Master gardeners on hand to offer tips and advice
- Plant sale
- Compost demonstration by Better Farm
- Guided tree tour with Sue Guise from Cornell Cooperative Extension at 1 p.m.
- Pumpkin planting (and eventual pumpkin-growing contest, followed by "Pumpkin Day" ext fall)
- Fairy hunt at 2:30
- Storyteller Lynn Morgan
- Sign-ups for the community garden